You've probably got a few questions about the Local Wow directory and podcast. See below for the most common questions. If you still need help, please use the link above to the contact page.What is the purpose of this website?
Our mission is to promote, market and advertise only businesses that operate and service communities in the 8 county area surrounding Chicago. Counties include Cook, Lake, DuPage, Will, Kane, McHenry, Kendall and DeKalb counties.In doing so we aim to highlight the best features and benefits and media of these businesses for the community in one centralized location.Part of our engagement campaign is to have local businesses answer important questions posed by the community on our podcast that accompanies this directory!
The search engines take into account how many places link to your site that are relevant to what you do or the relevance of where the link is found.Not only are online directories a great place to have your business details and website shown, they also add to the number of verified links that help the search engines confirm your information is consistent.This makes your website attractive to search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.Search engines are drawn to websites that offer quality content and have a high number of quality backlinks (links from other websites to your own).By having your listing (including a link to your website) in a variety of relevant online directories like the LocalWOW Chicagoland Directory, you increase its number of quality backlinks and its online visibility.We also do a lot of local engagement on social media to drive more local traffic to the site.
Listing your company is fast and simple. First, go to ourÂ JOIN PAGEÂ to view the available listing options.Once you have selected the type of listing you want, follow the instructions to complete the process.After signing up, you can immediatelyÂ LOGINÂ to your account to edit and update your company's listing.
The biggest difference we offer is that we donâ€™t advertise businesses who do not have a presence in the 8 county Chicagoland area (Or are within 10 miles of it! Â Lake County Indiana is closer to Chicago than DeKalb!). That includes Google ads, banner ads, members and even guests on our podcast!That's another thing that helps us stand out, and help more people learn about LocalWow; our podcast. No other directory like this has its own podcast where we interview businesses from this area only and bring wisdom, stories, triumphs and even failures to learn from!LocalWow has created a place where businesses can post a lot of what they put in several other places, like videos, images, products, listings, articles /blog posts AND contact details, but keep it all together so people don't have to to multiple sites to get it all!For the community, it's becoming a great place to find new local businesses quickly, get a lot of info about them in one place, and see reviews from local people.As LocalWow grows, we will also be addingÂ more podcasts each week and, of course, the link to their Local Wow listing to find out more about the guests.
Get involved! This is not a national social media site where you may get lost in the crowd. This is all about local. Local businesses, local people, local information and local perspective. Use LocalWow to add events, post your videos, images, blog posts and more.The more you do, the more you will be seen and from an SEO perspective, you will increase your link juice with every new item that is tagged to you and links to your site.We will also be adding a local presence development guide to help you get the. Let out of all your local marketing efforts. This will only be available to paid members in good standing and is taken from an existing course that has helped thousands of local businesses get more businesses, more sales and engage more with their audience.
Apart from seeing how you have Wowed Other LocalWow visitors, reviews are a great way to share what people think of you at a glance. As with Google, people looking for local businesses are more likely to use someone with several great reviews over a businesses who has none, even if a few are just good!Get reviews, honest reviews, and you'll often see an increase in calls!
If it is a real review from a real client, leave it and contact the customer! If you have a mixture of reviews people can see you are just human! We know that sometimes a few people can be less than ethical and leave negative reviews on competitors profiles or employees who have been have done the same. If you believe the review is completely unfounded contact us with details of the review and why you think it should be taken down and we'll review it and remove it.
At minimum, your business profile page should include the following:
- name of business and/or contact person
- contact details including address, phone number, website
- First, go to the LOGIN PAGE to sign in to your account.
- Remember to input the same email address and password you used when you first signed up.
- Once you're logged in, use the links in the left column to update the details of your listing.
- NOTE: If you have forgotten your password, CLICK HERE TO RETRIEVE IT
We're sorry you've lost your password. It's easy to retrieve it.
- CLICK HERE TO RETRIEVE YOUR PASSWORD
- Enter the email address you used when you first signed up for your listing.
- Then click on the button that says "Retrieve Password".
- We will email you your password.
- NOTE: Remember to check your Spam and Junk folders in case your password gets sent there.
- First visit the LOGIN PAGE to sign into your account.
- After you login, on the left side of the screen are several links. Click on the link that says "EDIT LISTING".
- From there, you can edit and update all the details of your listing.
- Login to your account from the LOGIN PAGE.
- Click on the "EDIT LISTING" link which is located on the left side of the page after you login.
- Towards the bottom of the "COMPANY DETAILS" tab will be several fields to input the website addresses of your website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages.
- NOTE: You MUST enter your complete public web address for this to work properly. Do not only enter your username for these sites!
- TIP: To make sure the links are working properly, log out of your social accounts and check to see if the links you are inputting link to the correct pages in your web browser.
- FaceBook example: http://www.facebook/pages/your-company
- Twitter example: http://twitter.com/your-company
Upgrading your listing is simple and will give your company more visibility and exposure. Companies with upgraded listings usually receive more inquiries from prospective clients.
We try our best to keep our service easy to use and affordable for our members. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience by CONTACTING US.
- Login to your account from the LOGIN PAGE.
- Click on the "Account Settings" link which is located on the left side of the page after you login.
- Click on the tab that says "MANAGE LISTING".
- From there, find the section that says "DOWNGRADE LISTING" and click on the "CONTACT US" link.
We mentioned this above, but adding content to your listing will give you an edge! Add more articles to show your expertise and stay away from just pitching your services or products. â€œHow toâ€ articles are always popular! Let us know when you add something new and we often add it to our Twitter feed. Whatever you do, ask yourself if this is gong to Wow the reader! If you do offers or coupons, make them different from the usual ones you put out and make them stand out. Mediocrity is not what we're going for here!
Ask! We have a lineup of incredible local speakers, leaders, entrepreneurs and business owners with incredible stories and insight. If you are passionate about what you do, have a good story to tell, great advice to offer and can do it without trying to sell yourself (we do a good jo of that for you!), head over to the Local Wow Podcast and fill out the guest request form. Just a heads up, only Wow Most members are eligible to be guests on the weekly podcast and the upcoming weekday â€œask the wowâ€ podcast. Wow More members are eligible to be guests on the weekday podcast only.
First, it's really cool to be able to tell your clients, post on social media and add to your website that you were a featured guest on the LocalWow Podcast! Second, you'll get a ton of free publicity and exposure as an expert in your industry. Third, you'll be featured on all of our social media, this site and on our podcast website. Fourth, you'll be found on iTunes as part of our podcast. Fifth we will add a link to your podcast episode into our social media scheduler and it will keep going out from time to time for a long time to come! If you need more reasons, contact us! If not, go here to fill out the guest request form!
Go here to advertise on the local wow directory.
If you'd like to be a featured sponsor on a podcast episode, visit the advertise on the local wow directory page. Slots fill up quickly.
How can being a podcast sponsor help you?
- You get a 30 second voiced (by our host) commercial that is read at the beginning or near the end of the episode.
- Your website is added to the podcast episode on here and the podcast website
- Every time that episode is downloaded your â€œcommercialâ€ will be heard, whether that's tomorrow, next month or 2 years from now.
- As we are just launching, all sponsorships are priced very low!